Friday 27 March 2015

Masking with colouring with butterfly basics

Hi stampers, 
  Today's cards was made withe butterfly basics stampset and the dictionary background stamp.

I used the negative space from a oval die that I cut with my big shot to create the mask which I used to stamp the dictionary background stamp on the card.

Card base cut from very vanilla cardstock 8 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 
1st layer in baked brown sugar cardstock cut at 5 1/4 x 3 3/4
2nd layer in whisper white cut at 5 x 3 1/2


After I stamped the dictionary background over the mask I removed the masked and stamped the beautiful flower in tuxedo black Momento ink, which I then coloured with my calypso coral blendabilities in light, medium and dark ( unfortunately the blendabilities have been discontinued by Stampin'Up! Due to quality issues ) but this can also be done with our stampin write markers too.
I then coloured the leaves with the pear pizazz blendabilities too and I just love how it turned out.

I then stamped the postage mark stamp in tuxedo black and stamped of once onto scrap paper to give lighter image, finally I stamped the butterfly sentiment in tuxedo black and it's done! 

I decided to sponge the edges of the stamped layer in crumb cake to give it a vintage look and I think I turned out nice.

I adhered all the layers to the card and it's done.....

If you would like to purchase any of the products used in this project , then please click on the shop now button for a direct link to my online shop, open 24/7. Alternatively send me and email, I'm always happy to help.

Happy stamping 
Lucie x 



http://www2.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=2693&dbwsdemoid=5010189






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I'd Love to hear from you.

Lucie x