Saturday 28 March 2015

Happy easter card using the oval framelits

Hi stampers , 
 Welcome back, today's card is a easter card, yes I know it's early but I had an idea in my head for this card so I just had to make and I have to say I love how it turned out.

I started of with a standard card base using very vanilla cardstock cut at 8 x 5/12 and scored at 4 

I then took my second largest oval framelit and cut the card base with it to create and oval ( egg shaped! ) card. To do this you need to place you die just above the fold line on the card.


I then took a large post it not and masked of the centre of the card with it.
 I then stamped the positively chevron background stamp in calypso coral across the entire card. I didn't press down hard enough so it was as crisp a stamped image as I would have liked. 
I used my black stamping write marker to create the stitching around the edge and used the brush tip to create the frame for the happy easter sentiment from the delightful dozen stampset  which I stamp in tuxedo black
I then stamped the rabbit from the baby we've grown stamp set  in tuxedo black onto crumb cake cardstock  and coloured the belly  and paws using the aquapainter and the White craft pigment ink, to get he pink colour for the bunnys bow I mixed white craft ink with melon mambo using the aquapainter brush.

If you would like to purchase any of the products used in this project please click the shop now button for safe online ordering from my online shop 24/7. Alternatively send me an email, I'm always happy to help.

http://www2.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=2693&dbwsdemoid=5010189
Happy stamping 

Lucie x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I'd Love to hear from you.

Lucie x