Monday 23 March 2015

Butterfly basics and postage due vintage collage effect cards

Hi stampers
 Today's cards are very shabby chic, I love how they turned out and expect to do more in this style.

 
I am really enjoying using the masking technique, which I haven't used for a very long while! 
Once the masking and stamping is done, these cards comes together very quickly.

I'm loving the butterfly basics and postage due stampsets together, I think they really compliment each other very well.

Very vanilla Card bases cut at 8 x 5 1/4 and scored at 4
1st layer - blushing bride cut at 3 3/4 x 5 
2nd layer - very vanilla cut at 3 1/2 x 4 3/4

Happy birthday card  I made using just the butterfly basics stampset, with smoky slate and blushing bride inkpads.

I cut a circle using my circle framelits and with the negative space cut out I sponged the central circle with blushing bride  ink. Then I masked the circle and stamped the butterfly basic images randomly around the circle in the smoky slate and blushing bride inks. I finished of again randomly stamping the image over the remaining blank spaces and sponging the edges with crumb cake ink and stamped the sentiment happy birthday in the centre of the circle with tuxedo black Momento ink.

I then adhered all together on the card blank and voila the finished card! 


This card was done using the postage due and butterfly basics stampset together and I just love how it turned out


Card sizes and layers the same as above.

For this card I started by masking the centre using my circle die cut and stamping randomly with the two stampsets covering the whole of the card layer, using crumb cake, blushing bride and chocolate chip inks.

I then sponged along the outside of the masked circle in crumb cake  and stamped the honeycomb stamp in the centre of the circle in crumb cake before stamping the butterfly sentiment in tuxedo black Momento ink. Again using the crumb cake ink I sponged the edges of the card to give the vintagey look. 

I then adhered all together on the card blank and voila the finished card! 


I hope you like the cards I've created and that it inspires you to have a go at making your own. 

All the products I've used are available to buy from my online shop, please click the shop now button for a direct link.

If you would like to hold a Stampin'Up! Party at your home or mine with a few friend to see what great products we have to offer , then please get in touch and we can start making the arrangements.

I am based in Corby, Northants but I am will to travel within a 30 mile radius ....

For those of you who are not close by or available to host or come to a party I can do lots of alternatives, virtual parts, stamp clubs,product clubs etc.... Just send me an email for more information. I'm always happy to help

Happy stamping

Lucie x

http://www2.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=2693&dbwsdemoid=5010189









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I'd Love to hear from you.

Lucie x