Monday 17 February 2014

Stampin'Up! UK - Swallowtail meets petite petals Box card

Morning ! 
Today's make is another box cards, yes! Another. I just love making them, they are so easy to do. 
I decided a want a pretty girly card and thought butterfly's ! What girl doesn't like butterfly's. 

I used the basic black cardstock for my card base and very vanilla for my matting. I decided against using designer series paper for my matting as I wanted to carry on the butterfly them on the outside as well. 
So I decide on the large swallowtail stamp, which I stamped onto the very vanilla card in Smoky slate and Rich razzleberry ink  and the cut into the matting sizes. 
Then the rest of the card was pretty quick , I stamps lots of butterfly images from the papillon potpourri stamp set and punched them out with the co - ordinating elegant butterfly punch ( 127526  - £14.25 ) 
It doesn't punch all the stamps as they are different sizes , so the others I cut out using the Stampin'Up! Paper snips , which are fantastic and a must have in any craft room. I also stamped and punch some images from the petite petals stamps set and punched using the co ordinating punch. 

Then it's just a case of placing the images where you want them! I used window sheet ( acetate) to give them the illusion of flying.  It also allows you to put the at various heights and make effect a bit more dramatic. 









As I've said before I love this type of card as they fold flat for posting! Which in the current econmic climate, saving a little money on postage always helps, I also intend to make a matching envelope for this card with my Envelope punch board.

Happy crafting

Lucie 

If you are interested on ordering any of the products featured in this project, then please click on the images below.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

I'd Love to hear from you.

Lucie x